Welcome to Parkade!
Many buildings use Parkade to manage their on-site parking more easily. This means moving residents from some older system that tracked parking spot assignments/deeds/rentals to using Parkade.
Wondering how this works? We've got answers.
It's fairly simple. Your building has sent us a list of each spot, and who it's currently leased to. We've imported this list, and when you sign up for Parkade, you should see your parking spot listed!
This is done by matching the phone number or email address your building gave us, so be sure to use the same phone number or email your building has on file. Not sure what email or phone we were provided? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can take a look at our records.
You should see your spot(s) listed, along with vehicle information (if your building provided it to us).
- If you are renting that spot from your building for a fee, you will need to add a payment method to Parkade and set up payment. Once you do that, and confirm it, you'll be all set!
- If your spot is free, deeded or assigned, you don't need to add payment or complete any kind of "check out" flow. The spot is already assigned to you, whether you download Parkade or not.
In both cases though, you should ensure that you add your vehicle information to Parkade. Parkade will be used to track and enforce parking, and you should add any vehicle information for vehicles that will be parked in your spot.
Moving forward, you'll be able to use Parkade to:
- Report any issues with your parking spot (like an unauthorized vehicle)
- Update the list of vehicles allowed in your spot (if, say, your nanny will be parking there) by going to the Account → Vehicles screen
- Sublease your spot to other residents. To do that, just flip over to the "Host" tab, where you can set the dates and prices your spot is available.
- See your building's parking map (by tapping on your parking spot and then clicking on the map)
Each spot will look like this: