Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Shoup, Inc. (“Shoup”, “we,” or “us”) and our Service. Our “Service” collectively refers to Shoup’s website, the Parkade and other mobile applications, and any other online services offered by Shoup, its affiliates, or subsidiaries, as each may be updated, relocated, or otherwise modified from time to time, and all intellectual property contained therein.
This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) describes the information that we gather from you on the Service, how we use and disclose such information, and the steps we take to protect such information. By using the Service, you consent to the privacy practices described in this Notice.
This Notice is incorporated into and is subject to the Shoup Terms of Service. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this Notice have the meaning given to them in the Shoup Terms of Service.
What information about users does Shoup collect?
- User-provided Personal Information. When you use the Service, you may provide and we may collect what is generally called personally identifiable information, or personal information, which is information that specifically identifies an individual. For the purposes of this Privacy Notice, we refer to such information as “Personal Information.” Examples of Personal Information include name, address, email address, mobile phone number, location information related to parking lot affiliation, vehicle information like license plate and make, model, year, and color, images, and credit card or other financial account information. Personal Information also includes other information, such as geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide us with Personal Information in various ways on the Service. For example, you provide us with Personal Information when you register for an account, use the Service, process payment, or send us customer service-related requests.
What about cookies and tracking technologies?
- Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may send one or more cookies – small strings of text – to your device. Our cookies allow us to personalize your experience on the Service, make your visit more convenient, and understand how you and others are using our Service so that we can improve your experience. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. The Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to disable cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, and how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from the Service, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Service to their fullest potential.
We may also automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including “clear gifs” or “web beacons.” This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, device type, car’s bluetooth connectivity status, GPS location of a mobile device, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Service. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users, and may be connected with your Personal Information.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources other than the Service, such as our partners and advertisers. If we combine or associate information from other sources with Personal Information that we collect through the Service, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Notice.
How does Shoup use the information it collects?
We use information we collect on the Service in a variety of ways in providing the Service and operating our business, including the following:
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to operate, maintain, enhance and provide all features of the Service, to provide services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to users. For example, we use personal information on the Service to allow users to request or approve parking spots, pay for services, communicate with users and submit requests to Shoup, and for our internal business purposes to otherwise manage your relationship with Shoup.
- We use the information that we collect on the Service to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Service, and to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- We may use your email address or other information we collect on the Service (i) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service or (ii) to send communications, including updates on events, relating to services offered by us. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
When does Shoup share user information?
Except as described in this Notice, we will not disclose your information that we collect on the Service to third parties without your consent. We may disclose information to third parties if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Service, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- We work with third party service providers to provide application development, payment processing, hosting, maintenance and tracking, push notification, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- We may make certain Personal Information available to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; or (ii) to assist such parties in understanding our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, and/or functionality available through the Service.
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Service and any facilities or equipment used to make the Service available, or (v) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about our users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred in connection with an acquisition, merger, sale, or other transfer of all or any portion of our business.
What choices are available?
You may, of course, decline to share certain Personal Information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Service. You may update, correct, or delete your account information and preferences. If you wish to access or amend Personal Information we hold about you, or to delete your account, you may contact us at email@example.com. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email. You may also opt-out from receiving commercial email from us, and any other promotional communications that we may send to you from time to time, by sending your request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given at the end of this Notice.
Please be aware that if you opt-out of receiving commercial email from us or otherwise modify the nature or frequency of promotional communications you receive from us, it may take up to ten business days for us to process your request, and you may receive promotional communications from us that you have opted-out from during that period. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages from us, you will continue to receive administrative messages from us regarding the Service and your relationship with Shoup.
What about “Do Not Track?”
Your browser may allow you to set a Do Not Track (DNT) signal on it so that Third-Party trackers know you do not want to be tracked. Our Services do not support (DNT) requests at this time. This means that we may collect information about your online activity both while you are using the Service and after you leave the Service. Some Third-Party online services do keep track of your browsing activities, including across other websites on the Internet, which enables these websites to tailor what they present to you. Do Not Track signals are set on a browser-by-browser basis, so you must set them on every browser you use if you do not wish to be tracked.
What about Third-Party services?
The Service may contain features or links to Web sites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Service.
The descriptions of our data privacy practices in this Privacy Notice do not cover the privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through the Service that such third parties themselves collect from you (like type of device, day and time of visit, etc.) or the methods used by third parties to collect that information (like cookies and other tracking technologies). Some third parties offer choices regarding their tracking technologies. We encourage you to learn about third parties’ privacy and security policies before providing them with information.
Are children allowed to use the Service?
Our Service is a general audience site intended for adults and not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Service at any time or in any manner. If we learn that Personal Information has been collected on the Service from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained an account on the Service, then you may alert us at email@example.com and request that we delete that child’s Personal Information from our systems.
What does Shoup do for data security?
We use certain physical, administrative, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of Personal Information that we collect and maintain. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, administrative, or technical safeguards.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may post a notice through the Service if a security breach occurs.
Are privacy settings adjustable?
Although we may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain Personal Information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Service. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Service is removed, caching and archiving services may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Service. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Service will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Does Shoup market to international visitors?
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for users located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, we may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service.
What about changes and updates to this Notice and Terms of Service?
If you choose to use the Service, your interactions and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms of Service, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the State of California. When we modify this Notice, we will make it available through the Service, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Service for the first time after such material changes are made. If you have any concern about privacy at Shoup, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Terms of Service will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Service frequently to see recent changes. Your continued use of the Service after the revised Notice has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Notice. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account.
What are Your California Privacy Rights?
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California customers are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information about our compliance with this statute or who have questions more generally about our Privacy Notice and our privacy commitments to our customers and Service users should not hesitate to contact us at the address below.
Related Practices and Information
View Shoup’s Terms of Service at parkade.com/terms.
What is Shoup’s contact information?
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Notice, your Personal Information, our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
44 Montgomery St., Ste 3300
San Francisco, CA 94104