Have friends or family visiting? Make sure to reserve a spot for them!
Reserving a space for your guest(s) is simple! The process is mostly the same as reserving a spot for yourself — up until you choose who's parking there.
To get started, head to the Park tab, and then:
- Tap Find Parking
- Search for and reserve a space
- When asked "Who is parking here?" choose Someone else
- Click Send Link
- Send the link to whoever you are reserving the space for!
Here's a quick video showing that process:
While the example video above demonstrates sending the link via text, you can also send it through any other messaging app. Just hit Copy then paste it there!
On the guest's side
Once your guest receives your invite link, they'll need to click on it to confirm the reservation for themselves.
- If the guest has never used Parkade before they will be prompted to download the app, create an account, and enter vehicle details
- If the guest has an account with Parkade already and has the app downloaded they will only need to login and confirm the vehicle they're parking in the spot!
Once the guest has confirmed the spot, they will be able to view details about the spot, report problems (if there are any) and even cancel the reservation if it's no longer needed! You will also still be able to control the reservation on your end as the primary reservation holder.
Can my guests make reservations for themselves?
In most cases, no. You will need to make reservations for someone who is not a direct member of your community with access to your property's Parkade group. Here's a quick video showing what a guest with no access will see once they cancel a reservation made for them (or what it will look like once that reservation is over!)
There is a parking gate at my building. How does my guest get inside?
Your building may have a few different rules for guest access.
- If your building has in-app gate access enabled, your guest(s) will be able to open the gate themselves! They will have the same "Open Gate" button that you have as the primary reservation holder.
- If your building does not have in-app gate access enabled, you will need to refer to your building's specific rules for how guests are allowed inside. In most cases you will need to escort your guests into the parking area yourself.