The Members page lists everyone who is a current, pending or former members of the lot you are currently viewing. You can also see the Spots they have assigned to them and Vehicles associated with their account. You can also take administrative actions here, like approving membership, removing access for a particular member(s), sending invites to a new people or editing certain member data.
Adding & Removing Members
There are two ways members can be added to your parking lot:
- The tenant (or future tenant) requests access to the lot by searching for it in the Parkade app
- Requires approval by a lot admin or owner
- The tenant clicks on an Invite link to the lot
- No approval needed: using the link will immediately add the member
The first option creates a user-initiated request to join the lot, which can be seen under the Status column as someone is marked as Pending.
When requesting to join a lot, users must enter their Connection to the lot - i.e. “why they are allowed to park here.” After reviewing to make sure this person should be in the lot, you can click on the “⋮” to the leftmost of the row, and select the appropriate action:
- Approve - immediately allows the user to join the lot
- Remove - primarily used for existing members, you can use this to remove a member from the lot
- Reject - this will reject the user’s request to join the lot, but they can make another request
- Ban - this will reject the user’s request to join the lot, and prevent them from making another request to join
Alternatively, you can use the Invite button at the top right of the Members screen to invite members directly without the need to review and approve them. To do this:
- Click on the Invite button
- Choose the Role the user should have
- In most cases this should be set to Member, unless you’re inviting another staff member to monitor the dashboard
- Choose what type of Invite Link you want
- One Person, as the name implies, can be used by one person and then is no longer valid
- Multiple people will generate a link that never expires - so be careful if you send this out!
- Click Create Invite Link and copy the link
- Press done!
Remember to sort by Status or set a Filter to easily see everyone who is pending approval/rejection!
Clicking on the member’s name (or clicking the “⋮” and selecting View Details) will give you a closer look at that members Contact Information, Reservations, and Spots. You can also edit their Role and Lot Connection.