Many of the settings used for adding spots, inviting members, and setting rules about your lot are set up in the lot management section. Under normal circumstances, once you have started using Parkade in your parking lot, you will not need to modify the settings here much.
The lot name is typically set to the name of the building your residents reside in. This is typically the most natural way tenants search and request to join a parking lot, rather than entering a street address.
If there are multiple properties with different names (and parking lots) under one umbrella name, separate lots should be created for each unique property & parking lot. This will make it easier for you to manage and for your tenants to find parking.
You should not create multiple lots on Parkade for a property that shares one parking lot - instead you should use secondary addresses
The address associated with your parking lot. The primary address can only be edited by Parkade staff.
Secondary addresses are incredibly helpful when you have multiple buildings or parking lots associated with the same property name.
For example, if my property “Parkade St Apartments” has a building A (at 555 W Parkade St), B (at 343 N Parking Lane), and C (at 900 W Car St), but they all share the same parking lot, you should add each building’s address here. That way, when the tenants enter their building name or address they will all see the same lot (instead of seeing nothing!).
You can add as many secondary addresses as you need by clicking the Add button - and you can remove them by clicking the “⋮" to the right side of each address.
You can choose between how short-term rentals are provided here. Typically this is set to Hourly, but you can also select Daily if you would prefer people to only be allowed to book spots for full day durations. You can click Edit in this section to modify the choice!
You can modify whether your parking lot is available to the public here.
- If you would like to control who has access to your lot, the selector for Invite-only should be turned on
- When admin-only invites is off, any member of the lot can invite another person using invite links.
In most cases, if your lot is managed with Parkade, you will have both of these settings turned on.
There are two settings here that have a big impact on your lot’s operation.
- Prompt for spot - this decides who is control of adding parking spots to the building
- If enabled, users add spots themselves, providing their own spot numbers.
- If disabled, users CANNOT add spots themselves. Only admins and owners can add spots, and all spots will be marked as “Managed by Lot.”
- Custom spot field - If you have a garage with multiple levels, a parking lot with multiple zones, or any other similar indicator, this is where you can add it. This custom field will show up for each of the spots in your building.
- Currently you can only have one custom field
- Once you create the overall label for the custom field (i.e. “Level”), you can add the individual fields (i.e. “1,” “2,” “3”)
Payment methods - Owners Only
Here you can manage the payment method you use to pay for the monthly platform charge. You can add and delete payment methods and choose your default payment method here.
Payouts - Owners Only
Most buildings we partner with keep some of the revenue generated by residents sharing spots. Here you can configure the method used for these payouts. Parkade uses Stripe to manage payments on the platform.
A note on payouts: building payouts occur on the 5th of each month, and contain all transactions that occurred before the 3rd of the month. This allows us to settle any outstanding charges or changes that might occur (like cancellations).