The first page, and the top tab on the left side you will see upon when you login to the Web Dashboard is the Assignments page. On this page you can assign tenants / lot members their parking spots - including future tenants that don’t have Parkade installed yet! Here’s a short list of the things you can do on this page:
- Assign new or existing residents spots if they don’t have one
- Change a spot for a resident
- Set specific prices a resident should pay for their spot (if different than the standard price)
- Monitor who has and has not accepted their spots
Note: You need to have set up Spots in your parking lot in order to assign them.
- Click the + Add button
- Select the Spot number you wish to assign
- Enter the Start Date of the reservation - you will be asked to specify the time as well - this is helpful if you assigning a spot that previously belonged to someone else
Note: you can only assign a spot to someone if there are no conflicting reservations or rentals for that spot. If there are, it can’t be assigned until those reservations/assignments are complete (or deleted).
Note: You can backdate the reservation if you’d like. When the user accepts the assignment, they will be charged from the date the reservation begins.
- If the parking spot has a definite End Date, fill it in. If not, you can leave the End Date empty.
- Assignments without End Dates are referred to as “open ended” or “recurring”
- Assignments created as open ended will recur automatically, monthly, on the same date unless the assignee ends the reservation (e.g., August 25 - September 25)
- The Monthly Price will default to the spot price (covered later on). If you would like the price to be different for this reservation, you can set that here.
Note: If you set this monthly price and the reservation does not have an end date, you will need to manually update the cost to the assignee when it needs to increase
- Choose the Occupant for the spot
- The drop down list will populate with Members of the lot
- You can create a Pre-Assignment if you know the individual’s email - even if they don’t have a Parkade account yet! When they create their account with this email, they will see the same prompt to accept the spot when they open the Parkade app.
- Optional: If you the details of the Vehicle the tenant will be parking in the spot, you can enter them below
- Click Save and you’re done!
Important! If you are changing a tenant’s spot, make sure you tell them to end their previous reservation.
The Completed column can you tell you who has and hasn’t accepted the assignments you’ve created. An X indicates the resident has not accepted the reservation, while a ✓ indicates they have.
Note: When you create an assignment the spot is automatically blocked out for 30 days - it becomes unable to rented by other members of the lot. This is done to prevent the spot from being booked by someone else (which would ruin the pre-assignment). When the user accepts the pre-assignment, we instantly add the 30 days of availability back (in case they want to rent it out!).
What the Tenant Sees
The next time the resident or member of your lot that you created an assignment for opens the Parkade app, they will be prompted to accept the Spot.
There is no deadline for accepting an assignment. This means you should check for tenants that have not accepted their assignments from time to time. If they haven’t accepted it after a few days, it may be a good idea to reach out to them via email.
Using the Spot Page to Create an Assignment
In many cases, it will actually be easier to create an assignment via the Spots page, as you will be able to flow easily from checking which spots are available in your parking lot, then assign them from that screen. This is also covered in the Spots section of this guide, but here is a short video showing how it’s done: