Parkade's mission is to reshape cities and combat climate change by creating a world with far less parking. We build software that corporate buildings and apartment complexes use to improve parking utilization, revenue, enforcement and tenant experience at their properties. These features allow them to get by with less parking.
We're ready to get Parkade's product into every apartment, condo and office building and to do that — we need you. We have customers who want to use Parkade but are blocked until we can deliver the features on our roadmap. With customers and investors excited about where Parkade is headed, we've just closed a seed funding round.
We're looking for a nimble, entrepreneurial backend engineer to help us deliver changes to our server, mobile/web endpoints, payment processing, pricing, new-building-rollout tools and other backend systems to drive our growth. Our future hinges on the next few hires, so you'll be part of building the company nearly from the ground up.
About the job
- Join a small (but mighty!) engineering team.
- Help build and scale the Parkade server and API, written in Python, and take our mobile and web apps to the next level.
- Have an outsized impact on how things are built.
- Join a company focused on sustained productivity rather than excessive hours.
- At least 5+ years experience doing backend work.
- Strong familiarity with Python or a similar language. Deep understanding of language, runtime, and best practices.
- You are proficient in at least one major front-end framework (e.g. React, Backbone, Ember, etc.).
- You’re not a DBA, but you’re familiar with basic datastore best practices and scalability using PostgreSQL, MySQL, or equivalent.
- Experience maintaining large codebases with multiple contributors, with clear ability to make solid design decisions backed up by mistakes you've made in the past.
- Experience building out continuous integration, production hosting, developer environments, etc. in Google Cloud or AWS.
- Experience filling specification gaps and suggesting your preferred design and product options.
- Work with our team to build a delightful product, inside and out.
- Iterate on customer feedback to continuously improve features we've built.
- Advocate for the user experience, calling out problems and suggesting new ideas when you see them.
- Build with a mind for maintainability, so that it's hard to break the app without also failing the tests.
- Ensure the backend is built with high reliability, so that it's easy to see when something is breaking and understand how to fix it.
Bonus points (not required)
- You are located in (or will move to) the San Francisco Bay Area and are excited to spend time with our team in person, generally at least a few days a week, when we get an office in San Francisco this summer.
- You care deeply about problems related to parking and efficient use of space and resources in cities.