About the job
- Join a small (but mighty!) engineering team.
- Help build and scale the Parkade server and API, written in Python, which supports the mobile and web apps.
- Have an outsized impact on how things are built.
- Join a company focused on sustained productivity rather than excessive hours.
- At least 5+ years experience doing backend work.
- You are very good at Python
- Alternatively, you're very good at a similar language and are willing to learn python.You are proficient in at least one major front-end framework (e.g. React, Backbone, Ember, etc.).
- You're not a DBA but you know enough Postgresql or MySQL to avoid common pitfalls.
- You have experience architecting large projects and can make solid design decisions backed up by mistakes you've made in the past.
- You know enough about devops to help write deploy scripts and set up new servers from scratch.
- Work with Product and Engineering to build a delightful product, inside and out.
- Iterate on customer feedback to continuously improve features we've built.
- Advocate for the user experience, calling out problems and suggesting new ideas when you see them.
- Build with a mind for maintainability so that it's hard to break the app without also failing the tests.
- Build an app which mostly doesn't break, but when it does, it's easy to know what's going wrong.
- Experience working with Google Cloud or AWS.
- Experience writing frontend code with React or React Native.
- You have built a complicated website from the ground up before.
- You care deeply about problems related to parking and efficient use of space and resources in cities.