Towing is an important part of maintaining smooth operations of your parking facilities, and is expected by your residents. Unfortunately, even when rules are clearly stated with the community, you will have rule-breakers. When vehicles are towed as a result of these violations, Parkade helps ensure your team has the information they need when asked by the vehicle owner.
Problems Tab on Web Dashboard
What you should tell the vehicle owner
- Tell them their vehicle was parked in an unauthorized location
- Tell them their vehicle was towed as it was found parked in an unauthorized spot
- We recommend not sharing who reported the vehicle (especially if it was another resident) as that can cause inter-resident problems
How to minimize towing
- Make sure you have clear, accessible, and understandable directions for parking
- Often signage provided by tow companies and required by law will just state "Unauthorized vehicles will be towed" without any guidance on what "Authorized" vehicles are
- Reach out to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in customized Parkade signage for your parking lot
- Make information available on who is authorized / what authorization is, (even if the authorization process itself is tightly controlled)
- Ensure towing vendors follow a strict process of verifying authorization to conduct towing, and make sure each request is thoroughly documented
Still have questions? We're always available!
Having trouble finding a specific report, or have unanswered questions about towed vehicles? Reach out to our team any time at email@example.com.